Friday, June 28, 2013

Shameless Self-Promotion: Support Your Local Club

In lieu of other content (though it's been suggested I expand on my trips to Mexico, Jamaica, and Seattle), I'm taking a moment to do a little shameless self-promotion:


Four or so years ago, I had an idea for a t-shirt pop into my head: a doctored EPL logo on the front that said "support your local club" in place of the league name; on the back, the same phrase surrounding a big 09 (for the year) in the Prem's player name/number font. I showed it to a few friends, who thought that taking the idea a bit further with a website dedicated to the idea wouldn't be such a bad idea.

I registered a couple of domain names... and sat on them for years. Occasionally I'd do some development work on it, but then I'd get to a certain point and let it sit.

While going through my unemployed phase earlier this year, I finally decided to buckle down and finish the site. I retooled the code completely (mostly as a portfolio move), got all the data I wanted, and even put up some modest content. The site launched last month at http://www.supportyourlocalclub.com/.

I'd like this to become a resource for information about American soccer; as such, I could always use more information, including info on team-related blogs and supporters groups. Any help is appreciated.

No comments: